Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering this Promotion (the “Promotion”).
By participating in this Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION.
Promotion void where prohibited by law. Subject to applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Eligibility: The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C. who are at least 18 years old upon entry (or the age of majority in their jurisdiction, whichever is older) and attend 2023 Namescon. Directors, officers, members, managers, and employees of Identity Digital Inc. (“Sponsor”) and any of their respective parent companies, affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising, promotional, public relations, and fulfillment agencies, consultants, legal counsel, website providers, web masters, and immediate family members (spouses, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and “step” child, wherever they may live) of each are not eligible to win any prize. IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE.
- Promotion Period: The Promotion will be held between 8:00:01 a.m. Central Time (CT) and 5:59:59 p.m. CT on each of the following days: May 31, 2023; June 1, 2023; June 2, 2023; and June 3, 2023 (together these days and times are the “Promotion Period”). You must meet requirements in these Official Rules to be eligible to win a prize. Sponsor’s or its designee’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
- How to Enter: To participate, during the Promotion Period, find the Sponsor’s “Scratch Card” in the Namescon Conference gift bag and scratch off the designated portion of the card.If, by reason of a print or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number specified in these Official Rules, an alternate winner will be selected for each applicable prize via a random drawing from among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims in order to award the prizes available.
- Limit: EACH PERSON WILL ONLY RECEIVE ONE SCRATCH CARD DURING THE PROMOTION PERIOD. Any attempts to obtain additional entries, including through fraud or multiple accounts, will result in disqualification.
- Winner Notification and Delivery of Prize: Each potential winner will be notified instantly by scratching off their Scratch Card. Potential winners must take all steps described in Section 5 to claim their prize.Verification of Potential Winner: EACH POTENTIAL WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A PRIZE WINNER UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE AND NO FURTHER ACTION IS NEEDED.
- Prizes: A total of 1,200 prizes will be awarded in the Promotion.
- Grand Prizes: Five winners will each receive a premium domain name promo code redeemable through Sponsor’s subsidiary registrar company Name.com, Inc. (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each prize: between $500 and $2000, depending on which prize). Promo code is valid from May 30, 2023 to July 7, 2023 and domains must be redeemed during that time. Promo code is available to new and existing Name.com customers. Limit one promo code per account. Promo code cannot be combined with other offers and discounts. If the domains are not claimed during the redemption period, they will be released for general sale. To claim the domain, each potential winner must email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide a unique code on the scratch card to the Sponsor.
- Second Prizes: 1,195 winners will each receive a promo code for a free standard priced new create .bio domain name, redeemable through Sponsor’s subsidiary registrar company Name.com, Inc. (ARV of each prize: $78.99). Promo code is valid from May 30, 2023 to July 7, 2023 and domains must be redeemed during that time. Limit one promo code per account. Promo code is available to new and existing Name.com customers. Promo code cannot be combined with other offers and discounts. Promo code is limited to one free standard priced new create registration for the first year only in the .bio top-level domain. Visit name.com and enter the Promo code to claim your prize.
- Total ARV of all prizes: $98,893.05
- Odds of winning the grand prize is 1:240.
- Prize Restrictions: ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges of any prize (including for cash) will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value for any prize. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or prize components. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules are available to be won in the Promotion. Except for applicable manufacturer’s standard warranties, the prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
- Disclaimer: Sponsor and any of its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, prize providers, professional advisors, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, public relations firms, employees and advertising, fulfillment and marketing agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) phone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer or communications-related malfunctions or failures beyond Sponsor or the Released Parties’ reasonable control; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor or the Released Parties by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
- Limitations of Liability; Releases: By entering the Promotion, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
- TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE SPONSOR OR THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PROFITS OR LOSS OF DATA, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR USE OR INABILITY TO USE ANY EQUIPMENT PROVIDED FOR USE IN THE PROMOTION OR ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF A RELEASED PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES (JOINTLY) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE ANY EQUIPMENT PROVIDED FOR USE IN THE PROMOTION OR ANY PRIZE EXCEED $10. THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION WILL NOT EXCLUDE OR LIMIT LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE CAUSED BY PRODUCTS PURCHASED FROM THE SPONSOR, OR FOR THE RELEASED PARTIES’ GROSS NEGLIGENCE, INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT, OR FOR FRAUD.
- Use of Winner’s Name, Likeness, etc.: To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, entry into the Promotion constitutes permission to use your name, hometown, aural and visual likeness and prize information for advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes without further permission or compensation (including in a public-facing winner list). As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, each winner may be required to execute a consent to the use of their name, hometown, aural and visual likeness and prize information for advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. By entering this Promotion, you consent to being contacted by Sponsor for any purpose in connection with this Promotion.
- Winner List; Rules Request: For a copy of the winner list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope for arrival after June 10, 2023 and before June 10, 2024 to the address listed in Section 14 below, Attn: Identity Digital Namescon Scratch Card Promotion. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, visit https://identity.digital/namescon2023ticket/ or send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to the address listed in Section 14 below, Attn: Identity Digital Namescon Scratch Card Promotion. VT residents may omit return postage.
- Intellectual Property Notice: Identity Digital is a trademark of Identity Digital Inc. The Promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2023 by Identity Digital Inc. All rights reserved.
- Disputes: EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT ANY DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS PROMOTION OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND EXCLUSIVELY BY THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE WESTERN DISTRICT OF WASHINGTON OR THE APPROPRIATE STATE COURT LOCATED IN KING COUNTY, WASHINGTON. THESE OFFICIAL RULES ARE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON, WITHOUT REGARD TO CONFLICTS OF LAWS. YOU WAIVE ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMIT TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS.
- General Conditions: Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its discretion, and to modify, suspend or cancel the Promotion or any entrant’s participation in the Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, pandemics, public disruptions, or other causes beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (in its discretion) incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Promotion, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other entrant (as determined in Sponsor’s discretion) are subject to disqualification from the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries received that contain inappropriate or offensive content. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. The use of the terms “include” or “including” in these Official Rules is illustrative and not limiting.
- Sponsor: Identity Digital Inc., 10500 NE 8th Street, Suite 750, Bellevue, WA 98004.